Sunday, July 12, 2009

MINERS, not MINORS!*

Yesterday during Sunday School Andre comes to sit next to me. Andre is special needs and can be handled best in small doses. He used to think that I was my roommate - he trapped me in the hallway one Monday and asked me if I had looked up a map of Romania yet and I hadn't the foggiest why I should have. Later when telling the story to my roommates Emily spoke up and said that he probably thought I was her because he had told her to look up the map of Romania.

Late last year he started to sit next to me in Sunday School. He called me Monkey, and there are several other girls at church that he calls Monkey, so it's not just me. Yesterday he came into class, walked past me and sat down next to this girl, Vanessa. Then he talked to Nate who was sitting behind him, showing Nate the number he had gotten from a girl. Then he made eye contact with me (I don't remember how). He pretended to pluck his eyeballs out and play golf with them. I made a face and then gestured for him to put his eyeballs back in his head.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but then I wouldn't have this story to tell. So he gets up and leaves the room. When he comes back in he comes and sits next to me. Then he asks for a piece of paper, so I give him one, but I don't give him a pen (I was using it to take notes). He goes and finds a pencil and starts drawing. Then he gives me this.

He hadn't signed it yet, I made him sign it when he told me the picture was for me. Then he tells me that I am the ant and that it looks just like me. ...Let's take a closer look at the ant.

The resemblance is uncanny.

He points to the bottom segment of the body and said, "That's your butt." I laughed and thanked him for pointing it out. Then he mentioned the wide eyes on the ant so I tried to widen my own eyes and asked him if it looked like me.

Then he starts to tell me that the ant is an army ant so I ask him if I'm an army ant where is my helmet? He didn't laugh, he simply explained to me that Army ants aren't in the army, they can eat people. I just nodded and said, "Ohhh." So I'm a wide-eyed, people eating army ant. Beware folks...beware.

Right before he left after Sunday School he decided that my name is no longer Monkey but rather I am now to be known as Peanut. I'm guessing he doesn't mean this guy.

Though the resemblance here is pretty crazy too. Anyway, that's my story for the day.

6 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

Miners not minors- Galaxy Quest

Joanna & Ben said...

love the story by the way, certain people keep this life interesting. Hooray for the Andre's

G Sauce said...

I love peanut! I am so calling you peanut, but you have to start wearing some fuzz on top of your head.

Ed Donbrosky said...

Peanut. Until now the Teletubbies were the most freakish thing I had ever seen...but now, enter the Peanut. He's kindof like a cross between Tim Curry and Chaka from the original "Land of the Lost"

SB said...

wow. That's a very special experience. how old is this Andre? I think the ant is a striking resemblance ;)

Lildonbro said...

Andre is roughly 26-27 years old. But like I said, he's special needs so he acts much younger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...