Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something Amazing I guess.*

Hello old foe,





We meet again. Just when you think it is safe, you think you are in the clear and that you can avoid the unwanted little bugger for a while, something else comes up. That's always the way it goes. If it's not phone screens it's reference checks. Reference checks? I haven't done those in almost a year. I don't know how or when they stopped, I think it was after the new Boss Lady came. Suddenly we were hiring people and then I was doing background checks (I used to do them before we hired someone), and then as time went on I was asked to do background checks sans references. Needless to say, I didn't complain, I hate the phone, the phone is not our friend. For a while I was even spared calling people to set up interviews, because we were working through recruiters I was told what day to schedule the interview and then to send the confirmation e-mail to the recruiter who would send it on to the candidate. Sweet, short-lived bliss.

Yesterday I was asked to do references again. Talk about rusty skills...I haven't even been oiling them because I thought we sent them to the junk yard. So now, today, I have to do phone screens, references, and scheduling. When it rains it pours my friends, doggedly pours. They might as well drag me downstairs to the Blood Drive going on and coerce me to give my life force. Gag.

In other office mishaps...my favorites on Internet Explorer have disappeared. That's the equivalent of your contacts being wiped out on your cell phone. ...I feel so lost.
Thank goodness we're in the countdown for vacation. I need a break!

6 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

The Incredibles

Martha said...

Dang it, Jo!

G Sauce said...

I hate the phone!

SB said...

man, everyone is loosing their favorites! What is up with the internet?!

J, K, L, and D said...

I hate the phone too. And am working for HR in a temp job right now. My favorite is when people call & expect me to know who they are. "Hello, I'm calling to RSVP for the testing session on ___." And I wait. In silence. Then I sigh & am forced to say, "And your name, please?"

Blegggh.

Cassie Rakes said...

LOSING favorites. NOOOOOOOO. I think I would shed a tear or two, along with talking on the phone, YUCK. Yea for the vacation, less than three weeks BABY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...