Friday, March 1, 2013

That meat lover's pizza is NOT loving me back at all! *

January - 4

February - 3

Total = 7

Freakling by Lana Krumwiede

This is the woman in charge of the writing group that started mid-February.  The premise of this book is that there is a town full of people who have telekinesis (moving stuff with their mind) and they are separated from those who don't.  If anyone loses their ability they are sent to live with the "duds" and if someone develops abilities, they are sent to live in the city.  I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the sequel that is coming out in October.  It also helps that I've had the opportunity to get to know the author and find out more behind her idea for the story. 

Look Up My Soul by Gerald Lund

Fantastic book! I love how Elder Lund lays the book out, from talking about hope and it's companions, faith and charity to talking about how to better study the scriptures and prayer.  He ties it all together nicely, and while he made me cry (a lot) during the last two chapters, I forgive him.  I also liked how, as I studied older conference talks and scriptures, I kept thinking about this book and about hope in general and getting an overall bigger picture.  I definitely recommend this one.


House of Learning by Richard and Kathleen Walker
This book was written by the Walkers as a reflection of the things they learned while serving as the Temple President and Matron.  I liked how simple and straight forward it was and at the end of each chapter they ask a question and leave space for you to write (at least I think the space was intentional).  It was good because it caused me to pause and reflect at the end of each chapter. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...