Thursday, January 8, 2009

'Bout time in '09

I plum forgot to set resolutions! It's all the rave in blog land and here I am resolution...less(?).

Think fast, think fast. I could always pull out the oldies but goodies. The goals I will set in January and forget by March...or maybe still be doing good in March and think I'm doing all right, develop a little pride in myself for how well I've done. But pride cometh before the fall and in April I'll be reevaluating my resolutions and the whole resolution system in general.

Last year's motto was "Get a Date in '08". I think I did pretty well. I almost tripled my average from the year before (wasn't that hard to do but boy do I feel accomplished!)

In making my goals I have to laugh and reference this strip from Dilbert...because that's kind of my mentality, though not really. I just like to have low expectations for things so that I am pleasantly surprised and rarely disappointed. But...whatever...same difference.

Dilbert.com

So here it goes: The recycled, regurgitated, reused resolutions of New Year's Past.

Uno - Lose weight: I think this one is the longest running resolution since I was a hefty child and pudgy teen and an even pudgier adult.

Deux - Budget! I have had a budget set up since I got a job where I knew what I would be making per month, and it always starts out well on the 1st of the month and becomes a dusty old file on my computer by the end. This year, we're going all out.

Tres - Read one book a month. It can be a book I started seven years ago, or one I started the first day of the month. But by the last day of each month I need to have at least one book read (this is the one I did the best last year).

Oven ('four' in Dutch) - Expand my vocabulary. I would like to sound more intelligent. That's it.

Cinco - Read my scriptures...everyday: I'm doing pretty good so far, but I need to stick with it. I always get the fire lit under me to read daily and I start, but then something happens one day and everything goes downhill from there.

Six - Overcome my fear of the phone - Yeah, I have a problem with phones...don't know if anyone ever noticed how I never answer it. It's a type of agoraphobia I guess. I need to be better about making calls to set up doctor's appointments, vet appointments for Chubb's, work related phone calls, ordering a pizza, etc.

Siete - Get Domesticated - I want to learn how to do more cool things. Like, for example, make a blanket (and not the easy way I've done in the past), I want to make a night stand, can veggies and such, learn to make things beyond chicken fingers and taco salad. Find out what it is to 'darn a sock'.

Huit- Be more outgoing - When I sit next to someone I don't know in church (which I do more often than you'd think) I want to have the nerve to introduce myself, it's just plain rude not to but I have the anxiety issue. I want to talk to a boy if I like him, rather than talking to everyone else and ignoring him. Make eye contact with strangers and say 'hello' when I pass them. I think you get the idea

Neun- Organize - I have a bigger room than I used to have and I thought that would help me keep it clean and tidy...but it hasn't. The problem is not the size of the room, it's me. I need to find a better way to organize all my stuff (or to learn to let go of it!)

Diez - Have Fun! Okay, truth be told I wanted a nice even number and none seemed to feel right except for 10...so I had to come up with 10. I have fun, I just want to keep having it, so why not make a resolution I can almost effortlessly keep?

Remember the Dilbert cartoon, I'm not trying to raise the bar too high for myself. I wouldn't want to fail, especially since all my friends know the deal and will know if I am screwing up. So despite this year's motto ('Bout time in'09) having been formed in relation to the dating realm, it pretty much expands to everything. It is about time.

1 comment:

Amber Lanae- said...

I have not read all of your blog yet...but you've been doing this longer then me! ;)

I think we should try out some of your new years goals together!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...