Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

My roommate Evan had a really interesting theory that she shared with us at dinner on Saturday night. It was so interesting and so hilarious that I had to share it with "my readers". Evan would never be confused with a democrat or an Obama supporter but on Saturday she revealed that she was going to make an effort, after all, he will be the president. She doesn't want to be like those people who bad mouthed Bush for 8 years. The humor in it comes from how she will deal with it. Have you ever seen The Manchurian Candidate? I'm not talk about the Denzel Washington version but the Angela Lansbury one. Well, Evan has decided that Obama is the brainwashed Raymond Shaw.
And who has she decided would be the Angela Lansbury?
Hilary Clinton of course...
And with that we are anxious to see what Michelle wears tonight because what if she accidentally dresses like the queen of diamonds? She will have unwittingly gained control of Obama's every action! That won't make Hilary too happy.
So with this in mind Evan now feels sorry for Obama, and how could you dislike someone that you feel sorry for? The man knows not what he does. I'll go with the brainwashed theory - but it's not Obama I think is brainwashed (it's not Evan either, don't worry).
But let's talk about the real reason inauguration day is so exciting!! The Free Stuff!
At Krispy Kreme you can get a free doughnut of your choice (cute since you know, freedom of choice and all...cute).
T.G.I. Friday's will be throwing a huge party that starts in about 10 minutes (11:00 a.m.). They will be giving away free buttons, half-priced appetizers and discount drinks.
Macy's, Dillards, Saks will be giving away free cosmetics. I don't really know what those have to do with inauguration day, but they're free...take what you can get right?
New Yorker Magazine is giving a free copy of the January 26th edition of the magazine, you just have to register for it HERE.
And...I probably won't get anything from this list. But I thought I would share.

2 comments:

vbspurs said...

Is there a Queen of Gold? Because that's how Michelle Obama looks like...

Thanks for the link! :)

Cheers,
Victoria

Amber Lanae- said...

pretty sure I just found your blog for your writing...I read like half a chapter and already I want to know the whole story. As if I didnt have enough books to read! Thanks punk!

No seriously-its pretty stinkin awesome that you write...I think we are kindred spirits; the more I get to know about you, the more I am like wait...thats me...haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...