Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What the Hail?!

Woke up this morning and there was hail plastering the city. Just great...I was going to go grocery shopping today and if this keeps up there won't be anything left (you see, in Richmond when there is a snowflake the grocery stores run out of milk and bread). But it's supposed to change to rain, so hopefully I'll be fine and won't have too much competition in the store aisles.

Good news: I found my umbrella. There is a strange phenomenon with my umbrella. I always know where it is until it rains (or hails) and suddenly I can't find it. So on rainy days I am umbrella-less. Which of course defeats the purpose of owning said umbrella. So this morning I went out in the hail and started my car, I almost just left without it and then I realized I had never closed the door to the house. So I took the opportunity to go back in and do a quick search for the umbrella. There it was, in the last place I planned to look with my electronic cords, why with those? Not so sure, but that's where it was and that's how it is.
So now - some random pictures.

First, from my birthday, cause I don't think I ever posted pictures from that day. At work they got me a cake...a very large cake. Boss Lady bought candles that were basketballs in hoops. She had said that we needed to light them to see what they were underneath so we thought that meant that they would do something cool once lit. We watched and watched and watched...

When nothing happened I double checked with Boss Lady and it turns out that nothing is supposed to happen, I was just supposed to blow out the candles and take them out of the cake to see the hoops. But it was fun watching and waiting.
Later on I went to eat more cake before everyone had to rush off to their lives...(I'm amazed that I actually lost weight the week of my birthday).


My sister's a creative genius when it comes to what to put on the cake. It's okay, one year I wrote "Sorry..." or was it "Oops" on her cake because my brain stopped working about two weeks before her birthday and I just couldn't think of what to say (I'm ready for '09 though).

And last but most certainly not least, my basketball wounds from last week. I know you've been anxiously awaiting this! But just to warn you - it looks so much cooler now, a nice deep purple color.

That would be my right knee, I think the floor favors that one because it always seems to be the one that is bruised the most.

Anyway, that's all for now folks!

3 comments:

Amber Lanae- said...

I think your knee looks like you have some form of flesh eating bacteria. Be sure to keep it away from me...it may be contagious.
<3

Martha said...

Um- the "Eat Me" was my idea. So, thanks a lot Kat for giving props where they were due.

Martha said...

and no offense to Amber, but every time I see "<3" I think of boobs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...