Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chocolate is much too good for children*

And the slacking continues. Work has been busy, when work is busy I don't do much else that requires brain power because my head feels like mush and my heart just isn't in it. This week, aside from having an aggravating itch on my wrist (those of you who know, know that that is really hard for me. I hate having my wrist touched, much less scratched! I'm gagging here...gagging). Where was I? Oh this week is slow so far. So slow that this morning I felt as though a week had passed and shortly there after realized that only one day had.

With that said, let's get random. Let me take you back, back almost 168 hours, or in other words - a week. Let's travel back to last Tuesday. But before, a little preface.

Preface. Ha-ha...I am so funny.

*Wiping tears from eyes dramatically* Ok, get serious. So my friend and I text back and forth all day during work. It's a good distraction and an excellent way to maintain my sanity (since we all know I am always so close to losing it).

About two weeks ago I decided that when a group of people go out to eat that if the group is too large I will take just a few people to a booth, separate and yet close by the group. In order to be invited to the group you must be "booth worthy". There is no shame involved if you are not invited to the booth, that does not denote an unworthiness - simply that a booth can only hold so many. So those of you who do not sit in booths with me all the time...calm the heck down. If you never get a booth seat...begin to worry.

Anyway, I told my friend last Sunday night that I would probably get a separate booth for burgers on Tuesday night (this being the Tuesday night of 168 hours ago) and he asked if he could sit with us (being whoever I choose) and I told him that he was booth worthy. Then he asked if his friend could sit with us and I said that would be fine. Then (he was really needy that day) he says that's great, they'll bring the Shriner's and I told him 'no'. I said that I didn't want to run the risk of armless cannibals joining out booth (because everyone knows that armless cannibals have a thing for Shriner's). He said that they were interesting characters and I said that I know, and I would love to hang out with them sometime but a booth is only so big. Then he said that's fine, I can hang out with them at their pancake breakfast. Being hungry I asked if that was real because now I wanted pancakes. So we have decided that we are going to have the 23rd Annual Shriner's pancake breakfast. I'm uber excited. I really love pancakes. So the breakfast is this Saturday and I'm just excited and I hope that his pancakes don't suck, because I'm a little picky about pancakes. Some people can think they have the best pancakes around and I take a bite and gag (i.e. my boyfriend's mother's pancakes (shh- don't tell) - she's not snooty about them, I just can't actually swallow them without a dairy aid...*chuckling* "dairy aid" sounds funny, say it five times fast...do it). I think it's cause her pancakes are thick and made with multi-grain(=chunks in my food) flour. But hey, if his pancakes are a flop I'll head on over to IHOP and get some real ones.

Anyway, after I created the Facebook invite it dawned on me...I'm a co-host**. That made me laugh.

**15 points since not actually a quote but a reference**

4 comments:

SB said...

mmm, pancakes. Now I know what I'm having for dinner!

Martha said...

Dairy aid!! ha!!

I almost made pancakes for lunch, but decided that I didn't want to clean up the aftermath.

(word verification- pectopw)

Anonymous said...

Quote reference for 15 points please - What is He's Just No That Into You?

Lildonbro said...

Welcome to the blog bucks board T! :) I like the way you answered it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...