Monday, August 3, 2009

My eyes, they're burning - these goggles do nothing!*

Title: 15 points because it's not from a movie.

Apparently I got 25 followers - actualize my life long dream - and slacked on blogging. My apologies. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the fact that nothing interesting is happening. Well, things are happening but how interesting are they really?

A few weeks ago I worked with my sister at the catering service. We had a unique situation where the bride and groom got married in the ballroom, so while they were taking pictures their guest remained in the ballroom...and we had to put the tea out. Usually we roll out the glasses in their glass little crates and put them on the tables, get enough people and it's a quick and easy job. But seeing as how the guests were still at the tables we couldn't do that. We put the glasses on trays and carried them out to our tables. My sister warned me that if I didn't feel comfortable with the tray just take a few by hand at a time. I tried the tray out and the first attempt was a success, so feeling good about it I went back for more. Always leave on a high note, you do it well once, and then forget it, go back to the simpler way of doing things. I was putting glasses on the table and suddenly one tipped and it hit the remaining two on my tray. Ice cold tea went all over me and all over the two chairs I was standing between (luckily they were empty). I didn't really know what to do, this has never happened to me so I may or may not have been like a deer in headlights. Ross (the event manager) comes over and tells me he'll take care of it, he asks if I am okay and I'm not sure if he is asking if a glass broke and got me or if I was going to cry, but I said I was fine and went to the back...where I cried. Embarrassing moments do that to me. I dried off, and went back out there and made jokes with the people at the table (the scene of the crime) that I pour tea better than I serve it, but they were still hesitant to let me get too close. I made up for it with the other tables and they had no clue I was a klutz.

This past weekend my cousins spent the night at my house. We made chicken fingers (yup, I cooked) and fries and then we watch Coraline...which they thought was a little scary (kind of made me happy because at first they were like, "this is boring") but overall we all liked it (it was my first time seeing it too). Then I made them go to sleep. My goodness, they can be annoying. One can't sleep if it is completely dark but he needs it to be absolutely quiet. His sister can't sleep with the light on, but for some reason likes to sing herself to sleep. So I made everyone compromise. I turned on some music for the singer and told the silent light one that since we were leaving a light on he needed to compromise too and put up with the music.
Other than that it was all good, except I was hoping to sleep in and my cousin likes to wake up early and get the dog riled up.

Saturday we went to see the new Harry Potter and then I went to a Bridal Shower and a baptism at church. Oh Bridal Showers...I have been to plenty in my day. This one wasn't bad, we didn't have to do any ridiculous games, a mean, there were games but they weren't ridiculous. Thank you Evan (the bride to be). The baptism was really good, I wasn't going to go but my roommate talked me into it and I'm glad I went. Afterwards I ended up talking on a pink shoe phone (that wasn't a phone) courtesy of Elaina. I don't know why she had just one shoe in her purse, but she did and then she started to talk on it and then she handed it to me. I talked on it with ease and I am wondering why...I mean, who does that? Granted I do that all the time with kids and their pretend phones, so maybe it was just second nature to me. It was totally fun though. Yes, people saw and questioned me about it later. Why could they not just believe it was a phone in the shape of a shoe? Where is their imagination? Their child like wonderment? No rather it was, "why were you talking on a shoe?" ...Because I'm cool, that's why. What's your excuse for not talking on one?

Anyway. That's the long and short and detail deprived of my life right now. If I think of anything else or am less lazy to write more about what went on this jam packed weekend I will write later. For right now I just wanted you to know that I still live!

4 comments:

SB said...

is it the simpsons?

The Hudsons said...

Do I get any points for knowing that it's the radioactive man episode of the Simpsons?

Elaina said...

hey you know what's really sad? no one questioned me about the shoe phone thing. why should people expect me to be talking into a shoe? am i really THAT girl?!? please tell me i'm not that girl!!!

Lildonbro said...

Elaina...you might be that girl. But hey, you've been reading that book about winning friends, so hopefully this...and the body odor don't hinder your progress!


Good job ladies on the Simpson's quote, I kind of thought it was going to be hard...I was wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...