Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mama, just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead*

Forms of entertainment...the rules state various forms...that's all I'm saying.

The mother load of reader digest updates:
So I have had an interesting past couple of days. First, Saturday morning we had the 36th (or some large number) annual pancake breakfast (pictures to follow in a later entry). It was pretty fun, and from that experience coupled with one in the past where my friend Jim had cooked he has the new nickname, "The Crock Pot" - pretty much, if you haven't figured it out means that he is a slow cooker. I haven't told him his nickname yet...I'll get around to it.

Saturday a few of us were going to go to Belize. You see, here's the deal. Jim stated that he went to Belize for a week. Elaina and I don't believe him, rather we choose to believe that he told people he was going there, but stayed home the whole week. He also told people that it would cost him an arm and a leg for text messages so that people wouldn't contact him. Sadly, Amber got caught in the mist of this (sorry Amber :( So while Jim stands by the fact that he did go, Elaina and I still have suspicions. He tried showing us pictures to prove it and they were all fish (Google images I'm sure) and there was one picture with him in it and I said, "That's Maymont park!" So we all start to laugh (It wasn't really Maymont park - I'm pretty sure it was really Belize) and then we thought it would be so cool to find places in Richmond that could pass off as other, more exotic places! So Saturday afternoon we were going to go to "Belize" but then a rainstorm hit and our flight was canceled. Then there was a baptism Saturday night and Chapin's birthday feast following after that at Five Guys. Finally got home (with a small group of people in tow) and we watched Nightmare Before Christmas.

Sunday was business as usual for most of the day. Sunday night my laptop decided that it needed to lay down....flat. I took a picture (also to follow in the next post) It was as though I had ripped it's spine out, the screen wouldn't hold up. Then it decided not to recognize that it was plugged in. So I won't be turning it on a whole lot. Good news...earlier that day I backed up my photos on Shutterfly (less work to do when I get a new computer). I did order a new one (sorry again Amber) and it will be here in probably three months. What's this whole, "Building your computer" crap? I just got the basics of the basics. Anyway, so one day I'll have a new computer, with less pictures saved on it, and I'll be super careful with it.

Yesterday I got a letter from Bryan (for those of you who don't know Bryan is my missionary boyfriend). Pick your jaws up it's perfectly okay for a girl my age to have a missionary....right? Doesn't matter I'm keeping him despite your opinions. Anyway. He is going to be serving in French speaking Madagascar and he was supposed to be going there today. On Friday however he and five others were told that they didn't have visas yet (apparently it takes forever because he applied for one back in late April or May). But rather than staying in the MTC he will be going to Atlanta, Georgia for several weeks until it comes through. The fact that they are sending him on a temporary assignment just shows that they don't expect it to come through anytime soon.

Today is going by incredibly slow...tonight starts the new semester of institute and I am pretty excited. Who would have thought that I would ever find myself looking forward to Tuesday night classes? But they are my weekly pick me up, and last week we didn't have it. After that is burger time (we'll see the group size and the necessity for a booth. From their I will pick this weeks booth-worthy friends).

5 comments:

Martha said...

Title: Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" Also in Wayne's World.

Martha said...

When Jeff and I come, we are going to burger night and we expect to be booth-worhty friends.

Verification: fimpann

SB said...

haha, booth worthy. Love it!

Amber Lanae- said...

There were lots of sorry comments for me...I am not sure if I should feel special or silly...

Loves that I was 'booth worthy' FINALLY :D

Loves you more!

Elaina said...

oh man saturday was a good time. and i still do not believe that the crock pot went to belize. i can't wait to get back and raid the vault!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...