Thursday, September 10, 2009

Must be the last one of the season*

Fall is here! Fall is here!

Of course next week it could disappear but global warming my rear. This summer wasn't even bad. But Fall is here! The first day of school (of which I am not in) came and it was chill and rainy. I felt like I should be waiting at the bus stop with the kids I passed, though, with them standing around me I might finally realize how old I am.
Anyway, not the point. So Labor day a few friends and I met at the park to go to "Belize" (finally!). We had a picnic and watched as storm clouds came closer and closer, but whatever right? We went on a walk to find Belize (I swear we took a wrong turn somewhere) suddenly...there we were in Finland! So we took pictures in the Finnish doorways. I went to take a picture with Arianne in one of the doorways and suddenly I find myself walking through a spider's web...gag. So I spazz a little and back away, then I go back in for my spot in the doorway thinking I've already walked through the web what could possibly be left. I was wrong, it seemed to have folded in on itself and was twice as thick!!!! So what is a girl to do? ...I spazzed some more.

Then we felt a few raindrops and before we knew it rain was pouring down!! We were far from cover and Elaina and I ran to another doorway and tried our best to stay dry. In the picture below I have it confirmed that Elaina was mocking me...how rude*

It didn't matter through because the wind began to blow, which means sheets of rain just drizzled on us like it was chocolate and we were some confection. It was fantastic.

So realizing that there is no way to stay dry and not sensing an end to the downpour we headed to the cars (To the mattresses*) The best part to me and no one may have even noticed. But Katie asked a woman running past if she would take our picture. Now...first off we're in a down pour. Secondly - she's got what appears to be a wine glass in her hand, cause that's how she rolls. She didn't ever verbally respond, she just stared at Katie as though thinking, "First off we're in a downpour. Secondly, I've got to finish this drink." So we didn't all get in the picture, but here it is. Raindrops on the camera, clothes and hair soaked and if you look at the ground in the background you can see there was plenty of rain to be had by all.

Sad news of the day, I just went to the iTunes store and I think they raised their price per song to $1.29 that puts a damper on my life. Correction that would just be Michael Jackson songs and any covers of Michael Jackson songs.

4 comments:

The Hudsons said...

How rude - Full house
and....
to the mattresses - God father or for less cool people You've got Mail

Martha said...

DANG IT, MUR! Leave some for the rest of us!

SB said...

Must be the last one of the season-Ice Age

...I wouldn't mind some rain out west.

Katie said...

I love this...

You ladies are friggin cute. I miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...