Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do you have any ointment or what not?*

I was chatting it up in an e-mail chain with a friend at work (I'll call him a friend even though we don't hang out or anything cause I think that you can have friends at work that you don't see outside of work)...anyway, so I was chatting it up with him. As usual the e-mails started asking a question about work and somehow ended with witty, sarcastic remarks flung back and forth.

In the course of this conversation he said, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time." I wrote back that I had never heard this saying...nor have I ever heard of a blind squirrel (I think because their survival rate is pitiful, dismal, infinitesimal...I could go on but I think you get the point). I mean, if a squirrel with 20/20 can't make it on the mean rural and suburbian streets of America what kind of hope is there for a blind one?



...I know, I always talk about squirrels, I can't help it that they keep popping up every where (on my drive to work, in my neighbor's driveway as I am walking by, in my conversations at work).

If it weren't for that, I don't know if I'd have anything to talk about this morning.
I just found out that Obama wants to speak to the children the first day of school...make them write down goals and impressions and all that crap. Dude...it's the first day of school - they play getting to know you games, get their books, find their friends...they don't work!
Of course I have my other issues, but I'll keep those out of this. Let's keep it to the squirrels for now.

5 comments:

SB said...

You keep picking really hard quotes! No clue on this one. Ah the joys of squirrels. we had one outside our back window for a while and my cat just loved to stare at him. I teased her that it was her boyfriend. Then he stopped coming back. I'm assuming he is the same one that is dead in the road...maybe he was blind.

G Sauce said...

Did you know that there are black squirrels?

Joanna & Ben said...

Do you have some ointment...that's from Trapped in Paradise

Joanna & Ben said...

you and squirrels should call some sort of truce and just avoid each other.

Martha said...

I KNEW IT!!! I knew it was from Trapped in Paradise.

I told Jeff you want a squirrel for Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...