Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh please shut up, you're wounding my soul.*

Let's talk about the time when I realized that I may or may not watch too many Tim Burton movies. I was in a meeting last week with my boss when she decided that we would get the answer to a question that we had right then. So she called up the individual to ask the quick question and then ended up on the phone for the next fifteen or so minutes. It's not that I minded sitting there not having to do anything, but at the same time...I don't like to just sit there. I have a lot of things I can do so I don't like watching other people work or sitting there trying not to listen to their conversation.

But at the same time, I couldn't leave. So I started to doodle on my paper. The first drawing really creeped me out. The second made me think that maybe I could write a very interesting children's story. I mean, I can't hack it as a "real" writer...not that people who write children's books aren't real writers, in fact I think it is harder then writing a novel or anything so really I feel like I put my foot in my mouth and I've written too much to delete it all and start over so I'll just deal with that. Writer's of the world, you amaze me whether you write children's books, chapter books, novels, non fiction, and the list goes on and on. Anyway. Whatever. All I wanted to do was to show you my doodles because they are interesting to me and they made me think that Tim Burton would use characters like them in one of his movies. Tim - if you happen to read my blog, we should talk. Just leave your contact info in the comments section.

I've named them too. Snifflesworth and Buckmeyer. The original had a name when I drew her, but I have forgotten. She would likely be the leader. Don't let them fool you, they aren't as stupid as they look, in fact they are relatively intelligent, though their boss lady is the brains of the operation and she's the one with the conniving gene.

Maybe I will work on the story or at least just think about it a little more.





P.S. I got my wish and I was snowed in yesterday and today.

1 comment:

Elaina said...

about a boy.

i love to yankee dandy doodle. and then scan them and email them to people at work. i used to just fax them to people without a note or anything. once i faxed a copy of my face. that was hilarious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...