Thursday, May 19, 2011

I've got a news flash for you Walter Cronkite*

I wanted to do a first quarter update, but I think I forgot. I either forgot to do the update or I forgot I've done the update...if it's the later, I apologize.

Anyway, I had ten "resolutions" for 2011.

1. Read 50 books - this one is the one you get updated on the most (monthly actually). I am at 18. According to my calculations I am right on track.

2. Run a half marathon - I am signed up, so it looks like this one will be completed.

3. Budget - dangit. Does it count that I look at it from time to time and that for about a week at a time I get really good at writing things down? Probably not.

4. Finish my third story - Check. I finished it a lot faster then I thought I would. Now I am getting ready to send the first one to a literary agent and I am working on a completely new story.

5. Lose Weight - 2 pounds....2 pounds anyone? I don't know, I think I've lost. As I begin training for the 1/2 marathon I'm pretty certain I'll lose some more.

6. Get motivated at work - This week aside, I think I've done a pretty good job so far. My boss keeps telling me that she has been really impressed with my work. If I don't get promoted this year this goal might be "Find a new job" come 2012.

7. Reduce Debt - Well I'm paying down debt, the car and at least half the lien should be paid off by December - but now my AC is broken and I will be replacing it...one thing in exchange for another huh?

8. Home Improvement - Thanks to Murphy's law this goal is always being worked on. The fence has begun, the new AC is coming soon. Not quite what I had in mind for home improvement but you do what you have to first.

9. Learn to Compromise - uh....I still need help on this one. I believe it also extended to improving my relationships with people. So...I am trying, I hope people will notice a difference soon.

10. Work on my serious theme - If you don't remember, my serious theme for the year is "Choose the good part", meaning charity and incorporating the teachings of Christ more into my life. I'm not going to lie, this usually gets ignored in first quarter. I had two really great experiences last week with two different sets of Elders that really helped me to refocus on my theme (kind of a big reminder when the Elders come over to have a lesson with you on Charity). I usually pick it up on the personal theme right about....now.

So there's me, holding myself accountable.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Glad to see you are making progress on your goals! Keep it up!!!

Also, loving the new layout!!

Happy Weekend Lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...