Thursday, February 14, 2008

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!! ...Or Else!

I love the color red! I don’t so much love Valentine’s Day but I love that Valentine’s Day loves the color red, so therefore I am instantly keener about the whole “holiday”. This morning my boss brought in heart shaped doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, and seeing as how my friend Gretel apparently didn’t believe me I took pictures. I think they taste better being heart shaped, kind of like the Reese’s cups tasting better when they are shaped like eggs or Christmas trees. It could, in all honesty, have something to do with the ratio of ingredients, like with the Reese’s eggs having a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Kind of glad Easter candy is already out there on the shelves.
I have to say though, I think Valentine’s Day is losing its flare, only two women at work received flowers, 1 got a balloon, and I only got two text messages commanding me to have a happy Valentine’s Day. Last week my mom and I went to the store, she wanted to purchase some Valentine’s greeting cards and there was only a small section devoted to the holiday. What? Could Hallmark not come up with enough cheesy things to say? Actually, I’ve noticed a lot of internet cards being passed around, maybe Valentine’s Day is becoming an internet holiday, like an internet business. Sure conversation hearts went on the shelf December 26th, but where was the marketing for this holiday? Where were the perfunctory Jared’s and ‘Every Kiss Begins with K’ commercials? Honestly, I expected more. But then again, maybe it’s because I haven’t been watching much TV due to the writer’s strike. When all else fails I can take comfort in the fact that at least Krispy Kreme was putting in the extra effort this year to make Valentine’s something special.
Well, to sum this whole thing up and for the record, I find nothing wrong with Valentine's Day. I enjoy that it enjoys the color red and I'm worried about what path it has decided to go down, but that is none of my business. Hope you all have a good Valentine's day no matter where you are and who you're with (or not with).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...