Friday, February 22, 2008


I never did post a picture of my final box for the Chili Cook-Off did I? Well, here it is. Despite the dire circumstances of the men’s bathroom because the Chili Cook-off began I think that the whole thing went rather well. Everyone seemed to have a good time, they ate more chili than they expected, they ravaged the dessert table and kept me busy filling cups with ice for their drinks. I’ve posted some more pictures of it because even though it wore me out I thought it was fun, and I’d much rather be working it then trying to find someone to hang out with during it.
In current events, yesterday we received an e-mail informing us that today would be a casual day because of the impending inclement weather. We were also cautioned to drive safely. Being a woman who does not watch the news or the weather channel I just had to take their word for it, it was the first I had heard of any storm coming our way. Either way I welcomed the opportunity to dress casually today. So when I woke up this morning I expected more, for those of you in Virginia with me you understand, those of you not in Virginia let’s just say there was no need to drive slowly today. First thing I did though was turn on the television and go to NBC and read the school closings. I’ve been out of high school for quite some time now so I’m not sure why that was my initial reaction unless it was more just to see what kind of damage was done. If the school’s were closed then it was pretty bad, a two-hour delay meant that they were just playing on the side of caution. On the side of caution it was, Henrico County Schools had a two hour delay. So I got ready for the day and then went out to my car a little earlier than usual to try and warm it up so the ice would just fall off rather than scraping it off because I wasn’t sure if I had a scraper in the car. Since this “hands free” approach didn’t work I went to the trunk to see what goodies I would find there. Turns out I do have a scraper, a really nice one, and I’m not sure if I stole it from my parent’s or if my dad slipped one in. It’s like the other day a friend needed a wrench or a pair of pliers, thinking I had my little tool kit in the car I went perusing in the trunk and found a nice wrench, I didn’t know I had a wrench much less a nice one I would find in my dad’s tool box, I thought pliers maybe, but not a wrench. I don’t recall putting that in the trunk either. Maybe I’m one of those kleptomaniacs who apparently don’t even remember taking the item. Since these are things that I need and I have used them I won’t be trying to find the proper owners.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...