Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm in the market, as it were.*

Goodbye Maytag, Hello Whirlpool! I was going to wait until Friday and take my friend with me to look at possible washing machines but then I realized two things - Friday is far away and I need a washer. Two - there ain't nothing (note: I am aware that "ain't" isn't a word, and I've used a double negative) the store can tell me that the website can't. All the details will mean the same to me whether from the "compare product" feature or a sales persons mouth (meaning, they will mean nothing). Now that I have bought it (online), I hope it fits. But again, the same thing would have happened in the store anyway. Besides, I don't have to deal with a pushy salesperson who tries to sell me more than I need or get me to pay more than I want to pay.

Here he is!

The Whirlpool 3.5 Cu. Ft. Super Capacity Plus Top-Load Washer (Color:White). It seems that washer's have not joined the cool crowd of changing colors. White is the only option in my price range. I wanted a top-load washer because that is what I know and trust and starting a load of laundry with a top-loader isn't a permanent commitment. When you start a load of laundry with a front loader you have to be sure all your laundry is in there. There's no going back once you start, no adding the sock that absconded itself from the laundry basket on your journey from bed room to laundry closet.

It has three cycles, Normal, Casual and Delicate. Did you know that not all washers come with these cycles? I thought they were basics, but no. So don't be fooled by price alone (have several things that fool you). There are 4 water temperatures...I don't know what they could be, I only know of three. Cold, warm, and hot...maybe there is "Ice Cold" or "Lukewarm"...that would be cool. I haven't named him yet, I believe that to name your washer you have to get to know each other first.

I will blog when he arrives, is installed, and the inaugural load is complete.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Congrats! We went cheap-o and got a boring white washer and dryer, too. I'm with you on the commitment thing.

G Sauce said...

Got to love online shopping!

Aunt_B said...

He's a beaut! Front loaders are just pretty, but other than that they suck for the reasons you mentioned plus they are hard on your back if you don't have the pedestals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...