Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Washington...nice apples.*

The official unveiling of Lildonbro 2011 is coming shortly - but before I could really do that I thought maybe I should remind you guys of 2010...a recap if you will.

2010 has been an awfully good year to me. It's had it's ups and downs, it's twists and turns. Surprises, successes, failures, the usual. The odd/cool thing about this year is that there would be times that I would remember Lildonbro of 2009 and think, "Who is that girl?" I really think that I have come a long way in all aspects of my life, I have changed so much and I feel that overall it's for the best. Among other things...I bought a house this year (as you know from my horror stories), Bryan hit his 18-month mark and only has 6 more months to go, I went to Boston and Ohio (reunion with the Teen Girl Squad!), I ran in several races with my sister, Kathryn, I was on a league basketball team, I got a lot better at frisbee, I feel more confident and happier...it's been great.

Here's hoping 2011 will be just as good if not better!

Okay - let's recap on the 2010 goals:
  1. Read One Book a Month - Again, I feel pretty certain that I have passed this goal. I finished five books in the month of December (many of which were started in earlier months - a few in earlier years...I don't want to talk about it). So just like last year, I may not have read one a month, but I made up for it.
  2. Finish writing my story - Check. As of early December I finished the rough draft of the second book I was writing.
  3. Become More Handy - Um...I learned to use that wall putty stuff, I helped my dad add a shelf to my laundry closet (using a hammer, a level, nails, a saw, and wood!). Do I feel more handy on a daily basis? No - but I took pictures of the times I was handy so that should suffice.
  4. Budget - uh... (please wait for 2011 goals)
  5. Have more self discipline - half and half. I trained and ran a 10k, 5k, 8k (let's face it, the best self disciplined training was for that 8k). I feel I have done a little with the self discipline, but there is always room for improvement.
  6. Get my PHR designation - Boo hiss. I came, I saw, I read and studied, I was denied. Try again in three years when they will at least let you sit for the exam...
  7. Pay Attention - I read some news stories here and there. Okay - let's be honest here, I completely forgot about this goal until this very moment...so...epic fail.
  8. Lose Weight - Thanks to goal number 5, this has been achieved...not all the way to my goal weight, Christmas and the well got in the way (holiday eating and stress eating). So this will likely appear again in 2011.
  9. Floss - Dangit!
  10. Be bold - I think I've done a lot better with this. Following up with people, I've had conversations with people I'd rather never have, confronting, confronting, confronting. Feels good...actually, I still hate it.

3 comments:

G Sauce said...

I am excited to see the new goals. Can I say that "floss' made me laugh!

J, K, L, and D said...

I also laughed at floss. I need to do that. Shoot.

SB said...

miss congeniality! haha. O-HI-O! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...