My fun theme is: Get it done in 20-1-1 (thanks Amber for the 'one-one' advice).
My serious theme for 2011 will be "Choose the Good Part" (from Luke 10:42 - about the sisters, Mary and Martha, "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.").2011 Goals:
- Read 50 books (I had thought of reading a certain number of pages - that way the really big books would get counted for more than one book, but I think I am going to aim for 50 different books because I figure the short ones will equal out the big ones...we'll see how this goes. Remember - I am copying G-sauce on this one...thanks G!).
- Run a half marathon (Sorry Ashley, I know you said go for the full...but just thinking about the full makes me want to cry...if I run this and have no desire to go on for the full - I'm okay with that).
- Budget - my goodness, this goal is going to be on here until I figure this darn thing out!
- Finish my third story - That's right...I started a third. Real goal - write the third so that there can't really be a fourth.
Lose weight - I told you to look for it. Almost to the goal weight, so might as well keep it a goal.
- Get motivated at work - this time next year I would like to have gotten a promotion.
Reduce debt - With a lien on the house so that I could get connected to the water, I have added to my debt that I was working so hard in 2010 to get rid of. I know I probably can't afford to wipe it all out in 2011, but I want to get it down so low that in 2012 I can make it a goal to be debt free (with the only exception being the house).
Home improvement - I want to continue to fix up the house. I could save up for new windows or new siding. I could fix the fence or the deck, I want to put a little brick patio off to the side of my house...I could do that.
Learn to compromise - My brother-in-law and I were talking the other night and he seems to think that I can't compromise...as in, "Can you handle marriage? Cause you seem like you can't compromise." So - I will just have to learn how...anyone want to help? This isn't limited to merely compromising...but I do want to improve my personal relationships with people. I'm...a bit of brat, and I would like to stop being such a brat.
- Work on my serious theme - meaning - choose the good part...develop Charity and make Christ's teachings a more central part of my life.
That's it for now. Look for updates through 2011 on how I am doing!