Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What's that have to do with the price of eggs?*

Today's lesson: Attitude is everything.

I had yesterday off, no real rhyme or reason. I have 2 days of PTO to take before the 31st (the other 5 are coming with me to 2011 and California) or I lose them. So I looked at my work schedule and took yesterday and next Monday off. I wanted Fridays, but my Fridays for the rest of the year are either too busy or already taken care of (a.k.a. Holidays). So Mondays it is.

I didn't do much yesterday. I didn't do much all weekend. I don't think I've really had days like that for a while because I have to tell you, it feels great. Not even my stupid well could bring me down (okay, Saturday was plagued by remorse, grief, and general ticked off-ness about the well). My brother-in-law inadvertently made me cry Saturday morning, but it started as a good cry, he wasn't mean to me...he actually did something so nice that I got teary eyed, and then once those tears came all the stress of the last couple of weeks came crashing in and walla...blubbering idiot who had to run to the bathroom because she hates people seeing her cry.

Speaking of stress - here's a quick update. I hate the well - really, really hate it. The water is coming out a light gray (sometimes a dark gray depending), and it's smelling sulfuric again. It won't even help to call the filter people because the well is taking out all its pent up anger on me and on my house. I have put in for a home equity loan...a foreign option to me. I am praying and praying and praying that I get it because I need to connect to the county line faster than I can save up for it. So please, if you're the praying type, pray along with me.

That's that, I don't want to talk anymore about the well. So the whole point of this post was to talk about two things. The first - PTO days where you don't really do anything are great! I have been in such a good mood today, my mind just seems clearer and I feel overall - happier.

This morning, Pam was at my desk and we were talking when Bob walked by. Pam told him he looked tired and he was saying how it was his kids' fault. Then Pam said something about him always being grumpy (she really has a way of making people feel good) and he said that other people make him grumpy. So Pam said that other people don't make him grumpy, he makes himself grumpy. I jumped in and said that it's all about choices, attitude is everything. So Bob slightly brightened and said, "Attitude really is everything." I don't know if that was sarcastic or not, but then he went on, "Thanks guys, I'm glad I came over here, you've put me in a good mood."

I smiled and said, "No, you put yourself in a good mood." It was just one of those "after school special" moments that makes me laugh. So he laughed and left and then I was still laughing and told Pam that it didn't seem right that she could push the blame off to him for making him grouchy and then try to take the credit for putting him in a good mood. But that leads us to Point 2: Attitude is Everything.

So - no matter what happens with this whole well issue - I am choosing now that I am going to be happy. People can't decide how I am going to feel, only I can decide how I react to the things they say and do (...and along with 'people' we are throwing in derelict wells). I am going to end 2010 as optimistic and positive as I began it!

2 comments:

Martha said...

While You Were Sleeping?

Joanna & Ben said...

While you were sleeping.
You still haven't heard from your bank yet? What the Mess! You can always go with a different bank if they don't get back to you. Don't give up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...