A good friend will come and bail you out of jail but only a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "man that was fun!"
Friends. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Oh wait...that's not how the saying goes. What can I say? I wouldn't be much of who I am without friends (or have much of a reason to be who I am). They are there when you need them, they help you through heartaches, cheer you on through your endeavors, read your blog (yeah...I see you).
I am the queen of having "best friends". I have different ones in different states cause I can't bear the thought of making them give up their title. Heck, I even called the guy who sold me my car, "Best Friend Jim". It doesn't take much to win me over.
My friends are fantastic, they are the people who make my life interesting (and yes, I include my family in with my group of friends because they are my friends...friends that can love or hate me but never get rid of me...never).
I won't name names, because if I were to leave someone out I wouldn't want them to be hurt for any reason. Each friend that I have had, and especially the ones I've been close to, have had a purpose to being in my life. They have all taught me different things, whether it's to look for "No trespassing" signs before hanging out on private property in the middle of the night or to tell me that I need to stop worrying about whether or not I'm "normal".
My good friends:
- Know me better than I know myself (which never stops amazing me)
- They think I am awesome the way that I am (despite the faults I see in myself)
- They'll get my back when I need it
- They'll let me make my mistakes because they know I'm going to do it anyway and they won't say "I told you so" when I fail.
- They tell me to stop saying, "I talk too much"
- They laugh with me when I'm hyper or crazy
- They let me cry when I need to (and then are sure not to mention it later)
- They are happy for me (from getting a house, to a car, to a boyfriend)
- They make me laugh even when I don't feel like laughing
- They get me to do crazy and spontanous things (most of which I don't regret)
- They think of me when they have a crazy story to tell because they know I'll get it
- They wish nothing but the best for me
I can't imagine a life without all of you wonderful people in it whom I can call my friends. I just want to say 'thank you!' to each and every one of you!